LeRoy on 18 Dec 2016 02:52:33 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Wanted: volunteers with bandwidth, storage, coding skills to help save climate data

On 12/17/2016 01:15 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Eric H. Johnson
> <ejohnson@camalytics.com> wrote:
>>
>> NB: I did not vote for Trump either.
>>

> Honestly, it is a real indictment on our culture that people need
> to put disclaimers like this all over their emails/etc.  Yes, I do
> it too, because I know what happens if you don't...

Good Morning,

Each of us on this list are involved in IT of some sort.  We deal with
facts and data on a continuous basis.  As a preacher, I never endorse
any politician, for I tell my listeners not to ever believe a
political speech, but that it is their responsibility to research a
candidates past.  For what they have actually done in the past, they
will continue to do when they are elected.

As computer scientists, we should not need to put up disclaimers on
how we voted, for we have a secret ballot for a reason.  How we voted
should be considered classified and of no interest to others.  If it
is of interest, should we be concerned how others feel about facts and
data?  Let the Data stand on its own.

There are people and groups who desire to censor freedom of speech and
freedom of the press.  I'm sure there are numerous groups who would
like to do away with the first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

If you feel the need to use a disclaimer and specify how you voted
your freedom of speech is diminishing.

- --
 Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy  mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com    /\_/\
                       mailto:rev.cressy@gmail.com ( o.o )
                       			            > ^ <
		       Cell Phone:  267-668-9686

Please See My posts on facebook or googleplus

Open PGP Key:     C34B77CC
gpg fingerprint:  8AD5 35EF 1FDF F1A7 E483  8CCE A50D 4E81 C34B 77CC

For info on enigmail:	https://www.enigmail.net/
For info on gpg:	https://gnupg.org/
For secure Cell Phone:	https://whispersystems.org/