Paul Walker on 7 Jan 2017 23:18:40 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Lastpass - friend of foe

So... on the intersection of lastpass and password hashsaltfu:

LastPass has opted to use SHA-256, a slower hashing algorithm that provides more protection against brute-force attacks. LastPass utilizes the PBKDF2 function implemented with SHA-256 to turn your master password into your encryption key. LastPass performs x number of rounds of the function to create the encryption key, before a single additional round of PBKDF2 is done to create your login hash.

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-settings/general/password-iterations-pbkdf2/