Rich Freeman on 4 Mar 2017 08:55:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Laptop recommendations

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 1:29 AM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> UEFI is an abominable assault on modularity and encapsulation, and is
> increasing the resale value of old computers that still run MBR. And of
> course if there's Secure Boot you can't turn off...

Huh?  I thought that modularity was one of its features?  (Hint: the E
stands for Extensible.)

I'm not aware of any x86 motherboards where secure boot can't be
turned off or where the keys can't be changed.

Is there something about it you don't like other than that it works
differently?  The last time I checked a legacy BIOS couldn't run EFI
bootloaders either.

--
Rich