PaulNM on 9 Mar 2017 20:10:14 -0800

Re: [PLUG] LVM on the raw disk (was Re: Best tool to image a dynamic disk?)

On 03/09/2017 10:52 PM, JP Vossen wrote:

On 03/09/2017 07:02 PM, Keith C. Perry wrote:
+1 on this.  For LVM, encrypted disks or DRBD work, I use the disk
device.

OK, but if the installer wants to make you, how do you get around that?
I'm specifically thinking of the Ubuntu and Mint installers,
but...whatever.

Boot from something else and do the partitioning beforehand. The installer will show you what's there and allow you to assign it to mount points. You can use System Rescue CD or even the Ubuntu/Mint live environment.

-- PaulNM