ac on 16 Mar 2017 00:35:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 17:40:55 -0400
Rich Kulawiec <rsk@gsp.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 02:55:19PM -0400, Greg Helledy wrote:
> > I've clearly explained what I want and expressed willingness to
> > pay.  If what I want is technically impossible, I want to
> > understand what the obstacle is.  Otherwise, you're not adding any
> > value.
>
> That's a fair criticism of some of our responses.  So let me try to
> give it a fair answer.

Not really and I do not think that it is fair criticism at all!

Posting that a 'non technical user' wants another 'non technical user'
to admin what is basically a wannabe ISP in a box, while 'on
vacation' running this wannabe ISP in a box on a single vps is ludicrous

as such, being ludicrous, I am well within my rights to find it extremely amusing.

Also, Posting, with a subject:  Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

without any proper rhyme or reason, except having extremely unrealistic
service delivery expectations, is similarly ludicrous.

What would have been better/less funny/ignorant would have been:

Need help with a Linux VPS supplier
or even
Linux VPS not working as expected
or
Urgently need hard up cheap sysadmin to manage Linux VPS

etc etc

And not unreasonable criticism and objectionable "I will pay"
advertising to a Linux list while at the same time making an ignorant
statement: Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

simple.

As I am not pandering or begging for employment (I am good enough to be
200% fully booked for the next years)

I guess my perspective is also very different to that of some of the
replies to the list...

Anyway, again: have not seen anything that "Avoid Arvixe at all costs!"
AND am not begging for work.

So I guess ymmv

Andre