Gavin W. Burris on 16 Mar 2017 05:38:15 -0700

Re: [PLUG] BogoMIPS Replacement

Hi, Casey.

Intel provides a pre-compiled LINPACK benchmark for download.  There are builds for Linux, Windows and Mac.  This is the same code used to benchmark our national-level supercomputers.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-benchmarks-suite

Results are in floating point operations per second (FLOPS).

Cheers.

On Wed 03/15/17 06:52PM EDT, Casey Bralla wrote:
> As my hand-me-down computer list grows longer (all my relatives know to give
> me their old computers instead of throwing them away), I'm looking for a
> simple method to record their relative speeds.
>
> I could use BogoMIPS, but everybody knows that they are not very realistic,
> but is there an equally easy-to-obtain performance benchmark that could be
> used as a better subtitute?  (I need a non-Bogo-MIPS measurement.)
>
> Anybody got any suggestions?
>

> --
>
> Casey Bralla
> Chief Nerd in Residence
> The NerdWorld Organisation
> www.NerdWorld.org

Gavin W. Burris
Senior Project Leader for Research Computing
The Wharton School
University of Pennsylvania
Search our documentation: http://research-it.wharton.upenn.edu/about/
Subscribe to the Newsletter: http://whr.tn/ResearchNewsletterSubscribe