Douglas Muth on 16 Mar 2017 07:05:58 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

Here are my thoughts:

1) The phrase "scale out, not up" comes to mind.  As others have suggested, don't necessarily run anything on one server.

2) Getting an IP address that's not on spam blacklists is a real challenge in this day and age.  Also, queuing up (and retying) emails locally will consume CPU and disk space.  I recommend sending your emails through Amazon SES (Simple Email Service).  It'll avoid a lot of headaches.

3) You made a *phone call* to your hosting provider to request a change?  I, uh... wow.  The major cloud providers that I am aware of (AWS, Google Cloud, Linode, and Digital Ocean) generally don't do this. If you need something like more disk space or whatever, you can order it yourself online, through their UI.  And that leads me to...

4) I strongly recommend you hire an expert, if even on an hourly basis.  Their experience of knowing which cloud providers are the major players (for example), will save you time and money in the long run.

-- Doug