Rich Kulawiec on 17 Mar 2017 07:48:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 09:02:22PM -0400, Ronaldo Nascimento wrote:
> Thanks, that cleared it up for me. I am not familiar with dump, does it work
> with ext4 systems? The deb package says ext2.

Yes, it works on ext3 and ext4 filesystems.  I have an installation (which
I left a while back, but is hopefully still running) that's using dump
to back up roughly .25P of ext4/UFS and has been for most of a decade.
So far: zero recovery failures, i.e., every request for a restore has
been completed successfully.

---rsk