Charlie Li on 16 Mar 2017 22:06:17 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

On 16/03/17 21:02, Ronaldo Nascimento wrote:
> Thanks, that cleared it up for me. I am not familiar with dump, does it
> work with ext4 systems? The deb package says ext2.

Most of the e2fsprogs programs, despite having a name for just ext2, are
actually for the entire ext2/3/4 family. In this case, dumpe2fs, like
tune2fs, e2fsck and mke2fs that you're probably familiar with, also work
over ext3 and 4.

Every mature filesystem should have a dump program as part of their
userspace utilities package. It does as named: dump the filesystem as a
file, tape backup, etc. That means, not only the files in said
filesystem, but all attributes and filesystem-specific data structures too.

--
Charlie Li
Can't think of a witty .sigline today…

replace local-part with vishwin for off-list communication)