PaulNM on 16 Mar 2017 20:09:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Avoid Arvixe at all costs!

On 03/16/2017 08:31 PM, Greg Helledy wrote:

    - Why do you want to do this?  What is it that you anticipate
    breaking so badly that you need to do this more than once a day?

Maybe I should have written "other than just overnight interval"--I need
copies from last night, the night before, and last week.

So that when the user tells me they accidentally deleted the folder
containing all their current project emails, I can restore it.  Even if
they don't tell me for a few days.

Contrary to what others may be saying, there's nothing wrong with having multiple backups per day. One (of many) use cases is a database that gets edited by multiple people throughout the day.

If someone screws up things enough that you need to restore a backup, then everyone else will mind it less if they only have to redo a few things instead of a whole days work.

-- PaulNM