Greg Helledy on 28 Mar 2017 17:49:25 -0700

[PLUG] Significant bug in Horde/cPanel CalDAV

Today I discovered that there is a significant bug in Horde's CalDAV functionality (and therefore in cPanel's as well, since it uses Horde):

If you get an invitation to an event in an email, and accept it with a mail client (Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.) into a CalDAV calendar sitting on a Horde server, the following happens: 1. Instead of recording the event as sent to you, it creates a new event, with you as organizer instead of the person who sent it. 2. It generates emails to all of the other recipients, informing them of the new event (with otherwise identical details) but you as organizer. Any future changes you make to the event, even changing when your reminder will occur, will generate another round of emails to every meeting invitee.

https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13664
https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13790

And maybe:
https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/3965

It is surprising to me that this issue has been being worked on for over two years.

--
Greg Helledy
GRA, Incorporated