Greg Helledy on 6 Apr 2017 11:11:33 -0700

[PLUG] Whine: KDE (Was Canonical dropping Unity)

Whenever people bring up KDE, the KDE 3-->4 switch, and KDE's resource-intensiveness, I have to bring up Trinity. It is a fork of the KDE 3 code.

If you liked KDE 3 and wish it was still around--here it is. If you wish you could have KDE use less RAM--here it is.

They provide packages for Ubuntu (which install fine on Mint) and Debian (which install fine on MX) as well as RH and Fedora (which I haven't tried).

KDE3 for today's linux PC:
http://www.trinitydesktop.org/index.php

--
Greg Helledy