Rachel Rawlings on 6 Apr 2017 10:39:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Canonical dropping Unity

Elementary's in the just-in-case box. When I set her up two years ago it wasn't ready for prime time.

On Apr 6, 2017 1:15 PM, "Charlie Li" <ml+PLUG@vishwin.info> wrote:
On 06/04/17 12:50, Rachel Rawlings wrote:
> I actually wonder more how people like my wife, who came from a Mac
> background, will handle the transition. I'd started her off with
> mint/cinnamon and she hated it because it was too Windows-like. Unity
> was perfect for her.

Elementary OS's GNOME-based desktop environment, Pantheon, may be worth
considering. It is supposed to resemble macOS's look and feel in almost
every way.

Elementary OS itself is based on the latest(?) Ubuntu LTS, and there
should be Pantheon packages in other distros' package repositories. I
know Arch has packages for sure.

--
Charlie Li
The New England Journal of Medicine reports that 9 out of 10 doctors

replace local-part with vishwin for off-list communication)