gary on 19 Apr 2017 11:02:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Alternative to Gentoo?

=> On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 08:59:19 -0400
=> "Gavin W. Burris" <bug@wharton.upenn.edu> wrote:
=>
=>>Hi, Greg.
=>>
=>>Check out the Fedora spins.  https://spins.fedoraproject.org/kde/
=>>Bonus points because Fedora is the proving ground, will be the next
=>>version, of RHEL/CentOS.  The Cinnamon spin, ala Mint, is pretty
=>>great, too.
=>>
=>>Cheers.
=>
=> No Enlightenment, so no thanks. ;) E is the only desktop IMHO.

   It doesn't look too hard to switch once you have it up and running:

https://www.enlightenment.org/distros/fedora-start

I run the XFCE Spin on my laptop and a couple of VMs (Xen for home, VMware
for work) and and happy enough with it. I don't need a lot of glitz in my
UI.

                              Gary Duzan

=>
=> --