Keith C. Perry on 18 Nov 2017 14:35:18 -0800

Re: [PLUG] FF 57 is out and breaks NoScript and Tab Mix Plus!

I didn't know there was this much activity with FF.  I usually just let updates roll but I might hold whatever version I'm running until this new API is field tested by the masses.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charlie Li" <ml+PLUG@vishwin.info>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2017 4:50:18 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] FF 57 is out and breaks NoScript and Tab Mix Plus!

On 18/11/2017 16:30, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 04:04:44PM -0500, JP Vossen wrote:
>> So until TMP & NS are fixed, I want to revert FF.
>
> 1. I believe that firefox-esr will suffice for the next six-ish months.

This is correct. Till March I believe.
> 2. The change in the Firefox API for extensions is pretty much causing
> havoc.  Some extensions are being converted; some aren't; some can't.
> There's a spreadsheet attempting to track all this, including alternatives
> and workarounds:
>
> 	https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0

I've personally reverted to version 52 ESR until 58 is released, when
some of the old APIs will be re-implemented in WebExtensions format.
Been tracking the relevant bugs on bugzilla.mozilla involving APIs for
Tab Groups and Session Manager; their milestones are set for 58. We will
see if those APIs will be implemented in Nightly (59) and then
propagated to beta (58).

--
Charlie "the new PA ID design is fresh" Li

replace local-part with vishwin for off-list communication)