Walt Mankowski on 18 Dec 2017 12:04:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] New Comcast wireless modem with old Buffalo wirelessrouter

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 07:58:54PM +0000, Rich Mingin (PLUG) wrote:
> This is why people avoid double nat. Your internal router is not aware of
> the other router, so it's not handling these requests for the external
> address correctly. This will not work.

That's what I was thinking too, and so I now have the desktop plugged
directly into to the modem. I updated my forward rules and
disconnected everything from the dd-wrt router.

Unfortunately I'm still haven't the same problem. I can ssh externally
using the external address, and I can ssh internally using the 10.*
address. But I can't connect internally using the outside address.

> Also, you had IMAP on default ports working on Cocmast before? Impressive.

imaps, port 993.