Lee H. Marzke on 18 Dec 2017 15:38:37 -0800

Re: [PLUG] New Comcast wireless modem with old Buffalo wireless router

If your FIOS ONT unit has an Ethernet jack, then it is acting as a bridge and it is
a regular Ethernet connection to Verizon so no special requirements exist.

I run my FIOS WAN Ethernet connection to my pfSense Router and it works just fine.   No need for
any special router from Verizon unless you are using their cable TV option.  I also
had a Ubiquity EdgeRouter X connected to the ONT on a different public IP and it worked fine.

Have you not been able to get another router to work on your ONT ?

Lee