Steve Litt on 8 Jan 2018 19:11:52 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Android development under Linux ?

On Mon, 8 Jan 2018 14:54:22 -0500
Anthony Martin <anthony.j.martin142@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to be different and since Python is my primary programming
> language you could always give Kivy a try.
>
> https://kivy.org/#home
>
> It is also cross-platform so you could deploy to ios as well.

This would definitely be my choice. You can do just about anything, do
it fast, and deploy it in a lot of different environments.

Trouble is, modern people are soooooooo wedded to aesthetics, that
heaven forbid their iPhone app doesn't look io/s.

The OP mentioned he's currently doing a proof of concept. Kivy would be
an outstanding way to do a proof of concept: He can do it quickly and
rearrange it fast. Later, when his app's bringing in lots of money, he
can copy the current latest and best to native Android and native
iPhone, confident that he at least has the workflow right.

I've fooled around with Kivy. The person who can be satisfied with less
than the love child of Brad Pitt and Scarlet Johannson can get a lot of
use out of Kivy.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive