Keith C. Perry on 5 Feb 2018 20:36:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] AMD or nVidia?

+1 on this.

I use AMD hardware almost exclusively and I have no issues compared to Intel and Nvidia combinations.  My 2016 ASUS ultrabook has annoying video quirks that I can't see to get rid off while hardware from 10+ years ago with Radeon graphics runs buttery smooth.  2017 marked a major leap forward for AMD and I would strong encourage people to check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MPlS8RF0zE

if they are interested in seeing where AMD is now...  even if you are a gamer and especially if you involved in any HPC work.

Having deployed a ThreadRipper 1950X system with RX560 AND Vega Frontier GPUs last month for converged CPU/GPU workloads I can say that I am quite happy with processing stability on Linux.

Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167