brent timothy saner on 15 May 2018 07:39:01 -0700

[PLUG] unnecessary contributions (WAS: Re: Southeast Linux Fest)

On 05/15/2018 10:31 AM, Marco Milano wrote:

> On 05/15/2018 09:21 AM, Keith C. Perry wrote:
>> Before this turns into a thing, maybe we should say that all opinions
>> are valid (Will) but if you (Marco) don't like firearms then the Greek
>> with Guns event is not for you (though Will is right about it).
>>
>> Drawing some general equivalency to the maturity of Americans is going
>> a bit far.
>>

> I think America is the only developed country with a widespread Gun
> Epidemic,
> so I think it is very to the point.
>
> It is a mental disease supported by Military–industrial complex and
> special interest groups.
>
> I was trying to be gentle when I described it as "immaturity", but so there
> now you know how I really feel about it.
>
> -- Marco

keep this shit off-list please. political discussion as it pertains to
firearms has nothing to do with linux, and it was only brought up
because it's a tradition associated with SELF itself[0] and was
necessary to mention for logistic purposes. if you take offense, don't
go, it's a simple solution. being that you weren't aware of this
tradition, i have doubts you had planned to attend at all thereby making
your contribution unnecessary. this will be my only email in this thread
regarding this topic. the end.

[0] here's the addon page:
https://www.southeastlinuxfest.org/?product=add-on-2017-geeks-with-guns
(yes, it says 2017; ticketing was simplified this year. see it clearly
mentioned here: http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org/?page_id=4608 )