Rich Kulawiec on 27 May 2018 06:00:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] groan

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 08:51:23AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
> IMO that is just one more reason not to worry about the NSA.

Maybe I need to clarify: I'm not worried at all about them, as I presume
they're competent and well-resourced, thus able to readily defeat anything
I might deploy if they so choose.  They're not part of my threat model
because there's really no point.

However, "random IoT device with hideous security/privacy problems that's
probably associated with a company that has hideous security/privacy problems
that's probably using the cloud with hideous security/privacy problems"
*is* part of my threat model, which is why I don't have any.

---rsk