Alan McConnell on 20 Sep 2018 09:46:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] How to get rid of 'Safe Mode' in Firefox?

----- Original Message -----
From: "jeff" <jeffv@op.net>
To: "plug" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:51:28 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] How to get rid of 'Safe Mode' in Firefox?

On 09/20/2018 11:43 AM, Alan McConnell wrote:
>         is "Safe Search" which is off on my Firefox, and "Safe Mode", which is the one I'm
>         concerned about and would like to get rid of.
>
> So help with this issue is still requested!

When you say Safe Mode, are you referring to starting the program in
Safe Mode (CLI), where it comes up w/o extensions or Safe Mode while
browsing?
      I'm not sure I understand your question.  But here is what I have done:  normally
      I click on the icon for firefox-esr that appears under Activities in the upper LH
      corner.  But I have looked at the man page for firefox-esr, and there are options,
      including one for safe-mode.  In other words one can call, from the command-line
          firefox-esr --safe-mode.  So I have tried both
          firefox-esr --no-safe-mode   and   firefox-esr --safe-mode-off
      Alas, neither worked!

Alan, tearing his (very little) hair out!!