K.S. Bhaskar on 6 Feb 2019 17:52:06 -0800

[PLUG] YottaDB has a field test grade Go wrapper

Towards our goal of “YottaDB Everywhere”, we have invested heavily in exposing YottaDB’s core data management, starting with a highly performant C Simple API in r1.20 and extending that API to support multi-threaded applications in r1.24. As the lingua franca of computing, accessible from all programming languages, a C API allows us to create “wrappers” to provide application developers in popular languages with native APIs, each of which aims to fit well with the culture and paradigms of its language.

The first language wrapper is for the popular Go language (https://golang.org), with a field-test grade release of the wrapper available today (https://gitlab.com/YottaDB/Lang/YDBGo). A field test  grade release means the software is functionally complete, and suitable for use in development and testing, but not in live production. We intend to release production grade software following an appropriate level of testing.

We have blogged about it at https://yottadb.com/yottadb-go-wrapper/ and the YottaDB Multi-Language Programmers Guide has a Programming in Go section (https://docs.yottadb.com/MultiLangProgGuide/MultiLangProgGuide.html#programming-in-go).

Please do try the YottaDB Go wrapper, and tell us what you think of it. Thank you.

Regards
– Bhaskar
https://yottadb.com