Rich Freeman on 7 Feb 2019 17:12:49 -0800

Re: [PLUG] How to Quiet a Server for Desktop Use?

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 7:56 PM Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:

> If you don't have enough airflow then you're going to have temperature problems.

Thinking about it differently if you don't mind the work and can cram
a water block in the 1U case (I'm assuming 1U), you could water cool
it, with all the water cooling hardware but the blocks outside the
case.  That gets the heat out of the case silently with water, and now
you can use as large a radiator as you want, and as large a fan as you
want.  Make it big enough and you could even cool it passively.

But, it is a clunky solution.  And again it depends on being able to
fit the water blocks in the case.  If they make blocks with the inlets
on the side or designed for 1U that would probably help - you don't
want to have bends that are too tight.  Oh, and you don't want
leaks...  :)

--
Rich