John Kreno on 20 May 2019 10:01:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Electronics gear

When it comes to what grade of what to acquire, you need to right size. So figure out what your goal is. If it's just to fool around with no real goal. Harbor Frieght cheapy meters and whatever hot stick you can get will work fine as a soldering iron.

If you have a goal, then like I said, right size. There's a community around the EEVblog and Dave Jones has a wealth of videos and knowledge when it comes to putting together a bench.

http://www.eevblog.com/