Tom Hornberger on 2 Jun 2019 18:21:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] MythTV can't tune ABC via LEAF

You're probably getting bad reception due to the usual changes in the F-layers that happens in the Summer.  The bad weather patterns aren't helping the situation.  Channel 6 stayed on its VHF frequency that it used when it was analog, most stations moved to UHF frequencies.  That's one of the reasons why 6 is harder to pick up OTA.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org>
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Sat, Jun 1, 2019 5:52 pm
Subject: [PLUG] MythTV can't tune ABC via LEAF

I've always had a problem tuning in ABC via my LEAF antenna for MythTV,
but it mostly worked.  In the last 2-3 weeks it seems like it's not
working at all anymore, at least via the HD HomeRun 2 tuner I have.

Is anyone else having problems or does anyone know if something changed
recently?  Is anyone else still fiddling with broadcast at all, or is
everyone doing some kind of streaming?  We have Netflix and Amazon
Prime, but that only goes so far.

Clues?  TIA,
JP

PS--it seems like a lot of PBS stuff is on Netflix or Amazon, but I've
found that the Roku PBS app silently crashes when Pi-hole blocks
doubleclick.net, which I find unacceptable
(https://help.pbs.org/support/solutions/articles/12000047549-when-i-try-to-play-a-video-on-my-roku-device-the-pbs-channel-shuts-down-and-i-m-returned-to-the-roku).