JP Vossen on 15 Jun 2019 12:08:59 -0700

Re: [PLUG] MythTV can't tune ABC via LEAF

On 6/3/19 11:54 AM, JP Vossen wrote:
On 6/1/19 5:52 PM, JP Vossen wrote:
I've always had a problem tuning in ABC via my LEAF antenna for MythTV, but it mostly worked.  In the last 2-3 weeks it seems like it's not working at all anymore, at least via the HD HomeRun 2 tuner I
Ironically, my HDHR3-2US died 2019-06-02 03:51, according to my Icinga. The wall wart seems OK, but no blinking lights.  I disassembled it and I see no obvious fuses or burned out components.  I did not subject it to percussive maintenance, but I did jostle it and hard power cycle it a few times, and it had survived a number of nearby lightning strikes.

A new HDHR5-2US should be delivered tomorrow.  I don't know if solid-state digital tuners can degrade, so it will be interesting to see if the new tuner helps at all.
About 10 days in and the new tuner *seems* to have completely solved the problem, ABC now tunes more-or-less instantly and clearly. I've reverted any changes I made so the only variables are the weather and the tuner itself, from HDHR3-2US to HDHR5-2US.

It looks like there will be plenty of chances to test the weather over the next few days.

I still have no idea if a solid statue tuner can degrade from age, or other EM effects like lightning or whatever, or if the new tuner is just better.

Thanks again everyone,
JP