JP Vossen via plug on 6 Sep 2019 14:25:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Exim oops (vs Postfix?)

On 9/6/19 1:13 PM, brent saner via plug wrote:
You can have my git when you pry it from my cold, lifeless hands! ;)

Yeah, but *you* are the correct target audience for Git.  :-)

<soapbox>
I think there are a large number of people who use it because of Github or because everyone else uses it (and thus they have to) for whom a more friendly tool would be a better choice. I'm talking about "casual" users who would see great benefit from an RCS without having to have the intricate understanding of Git internals that's required for any but the most trivial uses. (https://xkcd.com/1597/)

Git is perfect for Linux kernel devs (duh) and hard-core Real Programmers(tm). It sucks for the rest of us. But it clearly won the war, which I blame a lot of on Github.
</soapbox>

Actually https://www.breezy-vcs.org/ may be the answer, since it can be a friendly front-end to a Git repo.

Later,
JP