Rich Kulawiec via plug on 6 Sep 2019 15:01:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Exim oops (vs Postfix?)

On Fri, Sep 06, 2019 at 05:25:02PM -0400, JP Vossen via plug wrote:
> I think there are a large number of people who use it because of Github or
> because everyone else uses it (and thus they have to) for whom a more
> friendly tool would be a better choice.  I'm talking about "casual" users
> who would see great benefit from an RCS without having to have the intricate
> understanding of Git internals that's required for any but the most trivial
> uses.  (https://xkcd.com/1597/)

+1

There is absolutely no question that for a great many use cases, RCS is
(1) far more than adequate and (2) a much better choice than Git (or
anything else extant for that matter).  It's much easier to learn,
it's solid, it's simple, and the feature set suffices for a surprising
number of things.

---rsk