Michael Lazin via plug on 20 Dec 2019 02:23:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Recommendations for Linux Distro for Content Creation?

I have experience with ubuntu studio for content creation and it is great.  If you are one of the few who want to produce music on linux it has the realtime kernel and Jack built in so you can do midi and use stuff like guitarix for guitar effects, I  haven't used it in a while but it is great and easy to use.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019, 5:47 PM brent timothy saner via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
On 12/19/19 17:42, Steven Shim via plug wrote:
> I'm debating between Arch and Ubuntu Studio and Mint at the moment.
>
> I don't want to have to tinker around to do what it is I need to do with
> content creation, and I dislike having to constantly patch/update/reboot.
>
> What's up with Arch? Can anyone tell me "What is the deal with Arch?
> It's supposedly pretty good but I dunno much about it. Like I know what
> a sandwich is, but it's neither made from sand or is a witch."
> haha.
>
> Steve

if you "dislike having to constantly patch/update/reboot", then Arch is
likely not going to be your thing (but neither will Gentoo). both, being
rolling distros, expect your system to regularly be kept up to date.

as for what Arch's "deal" is, i'll let them explain it.[0]

[0] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux#Principles