Alan D. Salewski via plug on 21 Dec 2019 20:32:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Recommendations for Linux Distro for Content Creation?

On 2019-12-19 17:42:33, Steven Shim via plug spake thus:
[...]
> I don't want to have to tinker around to do what it is I need to do with
> content creation, and I dislike having to constantly patch/update/reboot.
[...]

Once something is found to be working, patch/updates/rebooting will
unlikely have any impact unless the thing in mind is some bleeding edge
capability that is under active development to get working.

Others may disagree on this point as it regards certain
distros/releases/patch levels, but in general you should be safe picking
something relatively stables (e.g., a "stable" release of Debian or
Ubuntu or Arch or $WHATEVER (but maybe exhaust the three pre-$WHATEVER
dists before approaching other options). I would try them in that order
(Debian, Ubuntu, Arch, ...), but again, others might argue otherwise. It
has been a long time since most multimedia was black magic, but there
are always (fun!) exceptions.