Steve Litt via plug on 20 Sep 2020 15:13:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] DESQview (was ... Byobu)

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 15:19:57 -0400
JP Vossen via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Sigh, OK, I went down the rabbit hole looking for the batch files
> that ran that stuff.  I didn't find them, but I did find an "about
> me" from that time (1991-1992) in a _PC Buyers Guide_ I wrote (pretty
> sure in Wordstar, and I can't find a good converter for that,

I discovered the following Turbo Pascal program that I created in the
mid 1980s and last modified September 1990, to turn a wordstar doc into
plain text. I'm not sure whether it respects hard paragraphs or not.
Try it with today's Freepascal.

program unws;

var
   inname: string[40];
   c: char;
   i: integer;
   inf, ouf: file of char;

begin
if paramcount = 0 then
   begin
   write('Wordstar file to be unwordstarred=>');
   readln(inname);
   writeln;
   end
else if paramcount = 1 then
    inname := paramstr(1)
else
    begin
    writeln('ERROR - can`t have ', paramcount, ' arguments, must have 0 or 1.');
    halt;
    end;

assign(inf, inname);
assign(ouf, 'unws.jnk');
{$I-}
reset(inf);
{$I+}
if ioresult <> 0 then
   begin
   writeln('No such file as >', inname, '<.');
   halt;
   end;
rewrite(ouf);
while not eof(inf) do