Rich Freeman via plug on 17 Dec 2020 09:42:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: SolarWinds

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 11:54 AM brent timothy saner via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> On 12/17/20 09:38, Rich Freeman via plug wrote:
> > I agree with that.  Eventually though when humans are no longer
> > cost-effective for programming I suspect that software will become
> > impossible for them to exploit.  I doubt we'll see that in the next
> > decade, but the next 50 years could look pretty different.
>
> Wouldn't vulnerability detection, reverse-engineering, and exploit
> composition be done then by machine just as competently as well if this
> theory holds?

Certainly.  We'll just sit back and watch the robot wars.

And when the fact checkers and misinfo campaigns are both performed by
superhuman AI, good luck trying to figure out what the truth actually
is...

--
Rich