K.S. Bhaskar via plug on 3 Feb 2021 15:19:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Backup solution

I'm another happy xfs user, and have been one for years. Before I switched to xfs, I was a happy user of reiserfs, which was an excellent filesystem when I used it. These days, I tend to put root partitions on ext4 just because every kernel recognizes one and can do an fsck if needed from anything I do a USB boot from. “fsck” on xfs requires mounting and dismounting the file system, which sometimes can be awkward. Data I care about, like encrypted /home partitions, are always xfs

Regards
– Bhaskar