Ron Mansolino via plug on 17 Mar 2021 13:30:38 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: Ron Mansolino via plug <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Web Ass Pfirewall
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 16:29:46 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=iVZW+/N3mNzzGtFweoWFkwDwu9PYuzx/YwYwwd/T/FY=; b=piV9lb3mMgD/RFiW9kHk/hm9klE65QnXBxnvdPSrNgLZ7o6sy6fsDQDJQuj0lnVrf4 jYrz5MGGFelhMX1Xe7vnMkXZm9lvatNF1sbhRDSXm17A4H6WPfqeYSXMf56zSCKnp9Lm 8tAwRLllZRJx1rfA5Qu8l0IaSgwBOk4/hc7kH9vmhMDOzj48R1sP4Q9IPQUsWShoHPrh KhRY+HdUhjqYTVs2EnhryqegvgA4T03oNKydewsaYPmiIDNIFAP5IEhax9VQ2/Ij75Lz BYHY7ubaUfv5mXCE2WdCTM0lLVsft6rO4lugRbcj3tu2yc9mLNeP8jbBKU3440EL+ld+ wNiA==
- Reply-to: Ron Mansolino <email@example.com>
- Sender: "plug" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have a vps that I don't do too much with, essentially a dev server.
Because it sits out on the net it logs an unwieldy number of intrusion attempts and nosey infogathering requests.
I've been manually filtering these with iptables, but that isn't scaling well (and it's impossible to block cloud services that continually allocate new netblocks). I'd like to block all of AWS, GCP, etc, but it's like playing whack-a-mole. I could use some suggestions for a WAF that I won't eventually have to pay for.
also, did the posting rules change here? I don't check here often, and things aren't working as I expect them to.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug