Fred Stluka via plug on 24 Mar 2021 14:20:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Web Ass Pfirewall

On 3/24/21 4:50 PM, Michael Lazin via plug wrote:
github has very good documentation on generating ssh key pairs.

Forget documentation.  Automate it!

I wrote a script in 2010 to create and publish SSH keys.  It does
all the steps for you.
- Adds the default or specified public RSA SSH key to the
   authorized_keys file of the specified user@host, so that the
   user can login via ssh w/o specifying a password
- Offers to create the RSA key file pair if it doesn't already exist
- Offers to create the RSA public key from the specified RSA
   private key if it doesn't already exist.
- Sets all the required file permissions on all the files and folders

See:
      - http://bristle.com/Tips/Unix.htm#script_authorize_ssh_key

Enjoy!
--Fred