Fred Stluka via plug on 24 Mar 2021 14:10:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Web Ass Pfirewall

Michael,

Yes, use SSH keys, and disallow login via mere passwords.  But
don't do this INSTEAD of running fail2ban.  Run fail2ban ALSO.

SSH keys are great for ssh logins, and for scp, sftp, rsync, and
others that use SSH as a transport layer.  And for ssh tunnels.
But not much help for your public-facing HTTP server, FTP
server (if you have to have one because you have some clients
still clinging to their old Windows PCs), SMTP server, POP/IMAP
server, etc.

You need both.  True?

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.