Casey Bralla via plug on 6 Jan 2022 02:26:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Open source Mail client

Sorry, guys, but I think you all are peeing into the wind. Graphics in
eMail signatures are VERY common in business environments.  My company
REQUIRES small graphic images to identify my office phone, mobile phone,
and office location.  They also require HTML formatted text for my name
and title, a company logo, and for the new year, we had to add a fancy
graphic of the year changing.

Yes, its screws up text-only eMail, but most (non-nerdy) people use
graphic-capable eMail clients, so they don't care.  Microsoft Outlook
handles it all just fine and it looks good. It presents company
"branding" in a consistent and professional-looking way.

BTW, I HATE the reliance on _javascript_ on web pages.  It makes it so you
can't even print a page from, say, Target.com because the formatting is
done in complex css and _javascript_.  Unfortunately, Target doesn't care
what I think, and I have no power to stop them.

Casey