Soren Harward via plug on 24 May 2022 16:24:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT - Cheap Home VOIP Phone Service

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 7:12 PM David Sokolowsky via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
I have been using Obi with Google voice for a few years.  No monthly fee except for an optional $1.50 for 911.  It has worked well.

I was gonna recommend Obi as well, because that's what I've used for like 12 years. But apparently the consumer-grade devices are discontinued and the service will be EoL in Dec 2023. The site basically says "it may continue to work after that but we make no promises and you'll have to do a lot of manual setup using our not-user-friendly embedded web console".

--
Soren Harward