JP Vossen via plug on 18 Jun 2022 11:59:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Firefox on snap

On 6/4/22 14:40, JP Vossen wrote:
On 5/28/22 14:33, JP Vossen wrote:
On 5/25/22 19:06, Walt Mankowski via plug wrote:
On Fri, May 20, 2022, at 11:01 AM, Walt Mankowski wrote:
This is exactly what I was worried about with having Firefox on snap on
Ubuntu 22.04:

More discussion: https://ubuntu.com//blog/how-are-we-improving-firefox-snap-performance-part-1

And Part 2: https://ubuntu.com//blog/how-are-we-improving-firefox-snap-performance-part-2

And:
* https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2022/05/ubuntu-making-firefox-snap-app-faster
* https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2022/04/how-to-install-firefox-deb-apt-ubuntu-22-04

Yet:
* https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2022/04/ubuntu-wont-support-flatpak-anytime-soon [1]
* But you can still: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/how-to-install-flatpak-on-ubuntu

[1] Interestingly: "...while Snaps may be popular with an enormous number developers there is, to my eyes, a gulf growing between the kinds of apps available on each respective store. Commercial, proprietary and Electron-based software seems to favour Canonical’s Snap Store, but open source software developed in native toolkits seems more drawn to the experiences offered by Flatpak and Flathub. ..."

Later,
JP