Steve Litt via plug on 20 Jun 2022 19:04:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Firefox on snap

JP Vossen via plug said on Sat, 18 Jun 2022 13:52:37 -0400

>On 6/4/22 14:40, JP Vossen wrote:
>>>
>>> More discussion:
>>> https://ubuntu.com//blog/how-are-we-improving-firefox-snap-performance-part-1
>>>

>And Part 2:
>https://ubuntu.com//blog/how-are-we-improving-firefox-snap-performance-part-2

Be aware that snap either requires systemd or makes it extremely
difficult to use without systemd. Void Linux users need not apply.

Even if you're currently happy as a clam with systemd, consider that
systemd every month subsumes more and more of the OS, and there may
come a time when you want to switch to a better init system. At that
point snap stops working.

Why not use Flatpack instead?

SteveT

Steve Litt
Spring 2022 featured book: Making Mental Models: Advanced Edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mmm