Walt Mankowski via plug on 21 Jun 2022 03:35:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Firefox on snap

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 04:37:39PM -0400, Steve Litt via plug wrote:
> JP Vossen via plug said on Sat, 18 Jun 2022 13:52:37 -0400

> >And Part 2:
> >https://ubuntu.com//blog/how-are-we-improving-firefox-snap-performance-part-2
>
> Be aware that snap either requires systemd or makes it extremely
> difficult to use without systemd. Void Linux users need not apply.
>
> Even if you're currently happy as a clam with systemd, consider that
> systemd every month subsumes more and more of the OS, and there may
> come a time when you want to switch to a better init system. At that
> point snap stops working.
>
> Why not use Flatpack instead?

Because I'm running Ubuntu 22.04. Doing anything without systemd isn't
much of an option. In this version they started distributing Firefox
via snap. I suppose I could try to install Flatpack, or I could just
be lazy and keep using it the way the distro wants me to.

Walt