jeffv via plug on 7 Oct 2022 12:35:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Firefox 105 is unusable for me

On 10/7/22 14:54, JP Vossen via plug wrote:
That's an interesting point.  I shouldn't have to do that, and I didn't used to.

+1
have you tried Pale Moon or Waterfox?

Don't delete the directories and profiles.ini, move them, just in case you find your
new, faster Firefox lacks what you need.

I haven't tried, but it might be easier still to `mv ~/.mozilla/firefox ~/.mozilla/firefox.BAD`.

Extensions, changes in about:config ?

And history, passwords (for sites I don't care

Private tabs and Cookie AutoDelete will take care of history on the front end. Not saving passwords and Keepass will take care of the other.

So folks might pick on some of that and say, "Well you don't need a 'large number of FF windows with a huge number of tabs.'"  Maybe not, but I *want* them, and it's my call.

that's how I feel about guitars. And $WIFE feels about shoes.

To add more confusion, FF 105 is behaving at $WORK now.

I (almost) behave at $WORK too. Why not the browser?
Any significant differences in the installs?
Have you checked out FF helpdesk? There are probably others in this boat. Have you tried swapping regular old FF for (snap?) or the other way?

FF drives my swap nuts overnight, as does Thunderbird. It never bothered me til very recently, using many or few tabs.