Casey Bralla via plug on 17 Nov 2022 06:23:49 -0800

Re: [PLUG] More hardware woes

You may want to try disconnecting all the devices you can (including
hi-power-draw graphics cards) and see if that solves the power problem.
My guess is that something is overloading the power supply and it is
shutting down as part of the safety system.  If you're lucky, it's
another old drive that is failing and taking too much current.  If
you're unlucky, it's a bad capacitor on the motherboard.

On the other hand, it's a great excuse to build a new system.

You: "Honey, my old computer died and I HAVE to build a new one."

Her: "Why don't you just replace the bad parts?"

You: "The computer is almost 3 months old.  It doesn't make sense to use
all the old stuff, I have to buy all new stuff."

Her:  "OK, I guess you're right.  Go ahead."

You:  $3,000 charge on credit card from New Egg.  Victory!!!!