Steve Litt via plug on 26 May 2024 20:59:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] System won't boot after failed upgrade from Ubuntu 23.10 to 24.04

Walt Mankowski via plug said on Sun, 26 May 2024 20:22:38 -0400

>Update -- I did a little Googling today and I found the solution to
>one of my problems. Both my keyboard and the flash drive need to be
>plugged into normal non-usb3 ports for them to be detected by the boot
>loader.

Gross!

>I still haven't fixed anything, but at least now I'm able to load
>Ubuntu 24.04 very slowly!

As a diagnostic test, you could tell the thumb drive grub to "boot the
next disk", that being your regular disk.

But all this being said, grow your /usr or / before doing anything,
because that's probably your root cause.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21