Steve Litt via plug on 26 May 2024 21:01:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] System won't boot after failed upgrade from Ubuntu 23.10 to 24.04

Walt Mankowski via plug said on Sun, 26 May 2024 21:27:40 -0400

>Well, I eventually managed to login in single user mode. It's a
>mess. Most of /usr/share is missing, for instance. I tried running
>
>apt --fix-broken install
>
>I fixed a few things, but I think things are too far gone.
>
>Time for a new box, I think!

At most, time for a bigger hard drive. You have backups, you can easily
reinstall.

The way I do things is I boot to a 1TB NVMe EXT4 root partition
containing /usr, and mount (or bind mount) the rest of the stuff from a
14TB 7200 RPM spinning rust.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21