JP Vossen via plug on 28 Jan 2023 12:29:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] My Holy Quest for a WYSIWYG HTML Word Processor

We've drifted quite a way from the OP "WYSIWYG HTML Word Processor" question, and I still maintain that FrontPage, DreamWeaver, etc. are the closest answer to *that* question.  (Yes, the HTML is horrible, yes, yes, all the other objections.  But those are neither the question nor the answer.)

We've drifted to something like "how to write 'simple' plain text and render it into complicated formats like HTML or PDF," which omits the WYSIWYG part, renders the choice of editor moot, and is focusing more on process and tool-chain.