Doug Crompton on 17 Dec 2005 04:43:44 -0000

GCC Compilers

I am using SUSE 10 which uses gcc4. It complains of errors in compiling
code which in the past would have been warnings. In order to compile some
older code which has not been updated to use gcc4 I would like to install
an older copy (gcc3) on the system and also retain gcc4.

My question is how does one install a compiler? Having never done that
except from a distribution disk do you get source and compile? With what
compiler? or get binaries... I have not found any that seem suitable. It
seems like a chicken and egg situation.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *