Allen Fair on Tue Oct 25 01:01:04 2005

[PhillyOnRails] Introductions

  • From: afair@cyberdesk.com (Allen Fair)
  • Subject: [PhillyOnRails] Introductions
  • Date: Tue Oct 25 01:01:04 2005

Howdy! I am new to Ruby and now experimenting with Ruby on Rails. This
is the language and web framework I have been searching for my
professional life!

For the last 19 years, I have worked on Mainframe COBOL sytems, moving
to UNIX, then into C/C++ and Java, and now into web and email
applications with Perl, PHP and PostgreSQL.

I have programmed, acted as project manager, team manager, DBA,
sysadmin, etc. over those years, and have found I am happiest designing
and building entire systems.

I am excited to find a local RoR group, and look forward to learning
from and sharing with each other.

Allen