Phil Lawrence on 29 Jun 2004 12:44:35 -0000

Re: YAPC 2005 proposals

Walt Mankowski wrote:
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:47:42PM +0000, Lawrence D.P. Miller wrote:

Does the lack of public transit access make this a less attractive option as a conference location, or would some sort of airport shuttle be appropriate?

Not necessarily; there didn't seem to be much in the way of public
transit at this year's YAPC.  At least Delaware has a nice college
town right next door.  At UofB you needed a car to get to just about
anywhere.

And it's not like there's not *any* public transit access.

My BA was minted at UD, and the campus I remember (10 years ago) was quite nice. Main Street in Newark (aka the "town next door") had many restaurants and stores ( www.captainbluehen.com was a favorite at the time :-).

On thing to consider is the proximity of available conference rooms to Main Street... UD is definately a biking campus if you're stuck on the wrong end of it. Of course, there do exist mini-retail food joints inside campus.

No major attractions exist, but its a nice setting, and major attractions make me feel rushed anyway. Oh, and there *is* (was) a local movie theater on Main Street.

Phil

-